- The recognition of Esports as an official sport has a crucial role in developing the sport in any country and in Armenia as well. A vivid example of many arguments is the rapid growth of Esports worldwide and its importance for any country. In 2019, the annual financial turnover of Esports amounted to 950 million dollars, and in 2021 is estimated at 1 billion, which is equal to the turnover of $ 500 million. The audience of Esports observers is also quite large and registers a stable increase of 15% percent year by year. In 2019 the audience of Esports reached 443 million observers, and in 2021 is projected at the audience of 550 million observers. As a result of the pandemic, the development of Esports got the highest rates as it was the only sport that was active during the pandemic providing a large number of views. For example, last year, the Chess Olympiad was held in a completely online format for the first time.
- Experts research shows that 1/3 of the world's population is the generation born between 1995 and 2012 (Generation Z). 70% of this generation live in an innovative world; for this generation, Esports is considered a sport. It should note that the purchasing power of this generation worldwide is 44 billion dollars. These facts are the basis for many world-renowned organizations that finance and sponsor this field.
- Experts state that the Ministry of Sports of each state can positively impact the development of Esports through its activities. According to them, Sport Authorities can support Esports by holding many traditional sport tournaments via online format and creating new professions that are necessary for Esports. According to experts, if promoting Esports with the proper functions it can become the central link in the development of sports in the country.
- It should be noted that many countries in the world have already recognized Esports as an official sport. According to the international experience, the recognition of Esports makes every citizen's approach to Esports more noteworthy and perspective, and the basis for investors, becomes even more solid and motivating. A lot of countries with the following track record prove this. Those countries are Russia, the USA, Brazil, Ukraine, Finland, Italy, Germany, China, Korea, etc.
- Our Federation strongly believes that the official recognition of Esports in Armenia will contribute to the development of the IT sector, will ensure the active involvement of youth, including the disabled and other vulnerable groups of the regional, international events, and championships, and will be a stimulus to Armenia in raising awareness in global Esports platforms.
- At the same time, we would like to inform you that the AEF is currently making great efforts to join such reputable international organizations as the International Esports Federation (IeSF), the Global Esports Federation (GEF), and the World Esports Consortium (WESCO). These memberships will lead to Armenian to be involved in the events and tournaments held by the organizations mentioned above.
- Recognition of Esports in Armenia can be a stimulus to introduce Esports in compulsory higher education programs applying the practice of international experience. This will lead to the investment of many businesses, new organizations, and clubs in this innovative sport and the responsibility of the development and the right direction is fully taken by AEF.
- Thus, we firmly believe that the recognition and development of Esports will spur on the development of sport and culture in Armenia. Moreover, the popularization of Esports in Armenia will grow the income of Esports, involve investments, and develop economy.
President S. Siradeghyan